Hello, and welcome! I’m Giulia (pronounced just like Julia), and I am super excited to be starting my blogging adventure!
My personal goals for this blog are to help out fellow or prospective college students, highlight my favorite things about Bozeman (and Montana in general), and get out of my writing-style comfort zone. That said, I hope to use this space as a creative outlet–to post whatever inspires me and whatever I hope will inspire you.
To start, here are some basic facts about me:
- I’m from Manhattan, Montana. In fact, I lived in the same house my entire life until I moved into the dorms.
- I currently attend Montana State University in Bozeman.
- Future teacher here! I’m majoring in English Education and minoring in Spanish K-12 at MSU.
- My family and friends all call me a giraffe because I guess I have a long neck or something😂… I kinda like it because Giulia and giraffe have the same “gi” spelling pattern.
- I’m a big ol’ nerd, as can be seen from fact number 4. 🤓
- I absolutely HATE celery. I think it is useless and gross and the worst thing ever. It actually makes me mad.
- My favorite sport is volleyball, and I played for 6 years. I’ve coached for one club season so far, and it was a great experience! My favorite position to play was outside, but the only position I’ve never played is libero!
- I’m a sucker for sunglasses and soft clothing. I try not to be an impulse buyer, but those are two items that test my self-control… and usually win.
- I’m a foodie at heart! Back in high school, my friends and I would try out a different Bozeman restaurant every Friday night. Look out for a full length post about my favorites in the future, but the short-list includes Blacksmith Italian, Blackbird Kitchen, Feast, and Jam!.
- I love nail polish! My mom used to paint my finger nails every other week when I was in junior high and high school, and since she is an artist, they were usually very detailed in design. While we do not have the time to do my nails that much anymore, we still try to make it work as often as we can. In the mean time, I have to paint my nails myself in boring, solid colors 😉
I look forward to getting to know you more through this blog, but if you can’t wait until then, follow our social media accounts (linked in the header)! You can also follow me on Instagram @giuliagracew!
Until next time!